Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'Whom God loves, he will never leave'

I read Genesis 27-28; Matthew 9:18-38.

In Genesis I read about Jacob and his dream and the pillar at Bethel. Jacob was blessed by God because of his faith and trust in HIM.

v. 15 "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

Even when Jacob was in the middle of nowhere, he trusted that God would not do any harm to him. God revealed himself to Jacob, showing Jacob through a dream, a ladder all the way up to heaven with angels of God ascending and decending from it.

The commentary I read about this story from Matthew Henry, says that the ladder is a symbol of Christ, as he is the way, the truth and the life. No one will go to the Father, in heave, expect through the belief in Christ and his salvation for us. God reveals to Jacob and lets him know that he even though he has a long journey ahead of him, God will bring him back to this land. Whom God loves, he will never leave.

v. 22 ..."and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth." Remember that our mission in our lives here on this earth is to set up pillars for God and witness to him. Also, remembering to give back a tenth of what is given to us.

Prayers:

Grandpa/health
That I may have the patience to study for my law exam
Thanksgiving Break and my allocation of plans/time

"Whom God loves, he will never leave."

Love,Dawn

No comments: