Friday, November 21, 2008

Sheep among Wolves

Finally, after what seems like forever, I'm DONE with all my tests until after Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful that this break is finally rolling around, as I have been exhausted from school and really need time to rest.

Today, I read Genesis 30-32 Matthew 10

The passage in Matthew has reminded me of the importance of spreading the word of God, as "The kingdom of heaven is near" (Mat 10:7) Many questions came to my mind as I was pondering on this message. As Timothy group, a college minstry group, how are we preaching this message to our peers? How are we as Christians at IU, where clearly it is a battlefield of lost souls, going to witness to our peers everyday?

I find it extremely hard to testify to my faith at times, when worldly matters tend to be so much more tangible.

v16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Surely, we are sent as sheet among wolves. I find it challenging for me many times to be confident in my faith and be able to share it with others. How can I witness to others? How can I win souls for Christ?

v. 37-40 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me."

Take up the challenge my beloved brothers and sisters! Let us pray for God's family all over this world to see Christ in our lives when they approach us and receive Christ to be their savior and receive salvation to eternal life.

Praise God everday because we are saved and pray for those who aren't.



Prayers:

*My Grandpa as he struggles to recover

*My Mom, for strength, energy, patience (even though she is probably the most patient woman on the planet already)

*My back, for some reason (probably lack of sleep), it aches really bad constantly

*PRAISE God for a break!! I really, really need it!!




1 comment:

joycimoicy said...

Oh Dawny, I think the only thing I can say is that I see so much of God working within you. You are truly a woman of God and " I'm so proud of you!" =)