Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'You of Little Faith!'

I read Genesis 23-26, Matthew 8-9:1-17

In Genesis, I read about Abraham's servant going back to Abraham's hometown to look for a wife for Isaac after Sarah's death. Here, God reminds me once again, his faithfulness and his promise that he has provided for a great future marriage, someone who is my perfect match, for God knows me better than I know myself.

"God prepares for those that love him and glorify him." I think this can be a great discussion. I often times find myself trying to "search for" the perfect "mate." I often forget that God has his time for me and that he will provide for me when I am ready and prepared. Right now, I need to be patient and trust that he will provide.

My mom often says, right now, Dawn, all you have to do is prepare yourself. Take this time of being single to grow and mature in God and his word.

Matthew talks about many of the micrales Jesus performs throughout his minstry on the Earth. One of my favorite things is reading about the miracles that Jesus perfoms to let people know he is God. I read about the demon-possesed men and when Jesus calls the waves to quite down while at sea with his disciples.

Matthew 8:26 "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. Often times, we are always caught up in worrying (like my Economics test today) and trying to be well prepared for things in the future, but here, God reminds us to always have faith in him, despite the evil desires of controlling our own lives, God wants to us to trust him more than anything else.

Prayers:
Grandpa's recovery from suguery
Grandma's life in Taiwan and her health
Law Exam on Thursday

In Him, Dawn

No comments: