Friday, December 4, 2009

I-Core Survivor

I'm extremely proud to say: I'm DONE with I-Core.

I can now finally say that I'm an "I-Core Survivor!" (at least that's what the shirt on my back is saying...) To those unfamiliar with the I-Core process: it's basically a semester consisting of four core business classes; Operations, Marketing, Finance, and Strategy that prepares Kelley students with the fundamentals of the business place. It's intense, it's exciting, it's challenging, and it's over...!

This entire process has been incredibly rewarding and a great learning experience. The full semester project-aka the "business plan"-dominated these past few days for me. One would expect to despise spending 8 full hours consecutively in the crowded main library with your teammates for 3 days straight without proper sleep and meals. But I really learned a lot about this experience: maybe not as much about the curriculum than about myself.

Although I definitely wouldn't volunteer to relive this experience, through working with my incredibly talented teammates this semester, I've learned so much more about my strengths and weaknesses.

For those that have yet to experience I-Core: All I can say is to not get wrapped up in the stress of it and just to enjoy the experience. I know it's easier to say so now that I'm on the other side of the situation, but seriously-enjoy this experience while it lasts, because this "bitter-sweet" phase of your business career will be one of the most rewarding learning adventures you'll experience!


No comments: