Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Prayer

Today I read Exodus 25, 26 and Matthew 21

I read about the Lord's instruction to Moses and the Israelites in the building of the Tabernacle. It was quite amazing how specifc God was to Moses!

Matthew 21:21-22

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Wow. This verse is amazing. It shows how far our faith can go if we have faith in our Lord: we can even move mountains!! Finals next week really seems like a huge mountain for me. I have projects to complete, tests to study for, and the list just never stops. My last devotional post, talking about Rev. Doug's sermon on "A song of peace" and the peace that is restored upon us in times of hardship when we are trusting in the Lord. However, throughout this week, I find myself struggling to depend wholly on God. I'm so busy all the time that I forget the power of prayer and what peace in God really means. This verse is a great sense of encouragement for me!

Prayers:

My relationship with God and that I may continue to do devotions daily and keep close to his word.

Daisy's sick, so please pray for her

My family

FINALS!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!! : (

No comments: